Hello wonderful people!
In this post we’re going to solve one of the biggest problems that I’m presented with by friends and clients: unhealthy pores!
As a makeup artist with literally thousands of sessions under my belt, I can tell you that tons of people get frustrated with too-large pores that are visible on their skin. I’ve done makeup for celebrities and makeup for every-day women conquering the world who never plan to step in front of the camera for a second, but still need to look their best, and all of you amazing creatures usually come upon this issue at some point in your lives – problem pores.
Sometimes large pores appear for the first time after a pregnancy. Other people notice that they are more visible when their diet or lifestyle changes, when they spend a lot of time in the sun, or when they are under extra stress. Sometimes pore issues crop up after taking birth control pills or other medications. Some people have been dealing with enlarged pores for their entire lives, and it doesn’t matter what they do, they seem to be this impossible problem that they just can’t seem to solve.
Some of these large pores are on usually on the nose, but they might also be on your cheeks or other places on your face. They’re just a nuisance. Our pores need to be “refined” in order to solve this problem, but to create a baby smooth texture for your skin, we’re going to address:
- acne and acne scars
- excess sebum (oil) production
These are all culprits preventing us from having the most gorgeous skin we can have. It all starts with the health of our pores.
My Pore Refiner Kit was made for these very issues. The products in the kit don’t just “cover up” the issue, but help to resolve it. I assure you, if someone hasn’t been air-brushed or photoshopped into looking like a 2-
dimensional doll yet they have gorgeous skin, then they’ve taken care of their pores. My Pore Refiner Kit is meant to correct the problem so that your naturally gorgeous skin can shine through.
It contains 4 pore-centric products:
- 4-in-1 Camera Ready Makeup
- Resurface Gel or Time Freeze Max
- Flawless Photofinish or our Totally Baked Perfecting Powder with 10-12 hours of staying power
- The Pore Refiner. The Runaway Hit that Never Quits!
Includes: Moisturizer, 4 In One Camera Ready Makeup, Resurface
Gel or Time Freeze Max, & amp; Setting Powder. $128.00
with coupon code: buynow10plus1
$10 off and a free 3 in One Fresh Cleanser for those with Normal/Oily/Acne Prone Skin
coupon code: buynow10pluscc
Will get you $10 off and a Free Coconut Cream Cleanser for Dry, Sensitive Flaky Skin
coupon code: bestmakeupever
Will get you a $28 Supreme Kabuki Foundation Brush FREE
And introducing our latest shining star. . . .Best Brightener (which you can choose as one of your 4 products in the pore refiner kit) It works to fade brown spots and hyperpigmentation. It’s Resurface Gel’s sensitive and hydrating cousin for dry skin.
Best Brightener is for dry/sensitive/rosacea skin
Resurface Gel is for normal/oily/combination skin
Why Does it Look Like I Could Drive a Mac Truck Through My
First, let’s talk about what pores are and why they get so out of whack. The word “pores” is just a layman’s, non-medical term for the tiny holes in your skin, all over your body, that usually accommodate a hair follicle. In our faces, these hairs can be so tiny that they aren’t visible, or they are non-existent, but the tiny hole is still there. In healthy, hydrated, normal skin, pores seem to disappear. When the skin starts to create excess sebum on over-drive, usually as a response to chronic inflammation or as a perceived threat to your immune system, the pores enlarge
to accommodate more oil.
It would be o.k. if you were an elephant. These magnificent animals are allowed to have leathery skin where you can see every single pore from several feet away, but you’re a Goddess. This is not acceptable! You shouldn’t look in the mirror and think, “I could drive a truck through my pores!”
My Skin’s Too Oily...
Many people with large pores also suffer from oily skin. In fact, larger pores almost always indicate that too much sebum is being created by your body. This is the natural oil that your skin creates to both protect and waterproof your skin. With too much of it, though, the skin has to stretch to accommodate the extra oil. Your first line of action, aside from using the Jennifer Bradley Pore Refiner Kit is to look at your diet. Certain foods can cause your skin to become over-anxious, and create excess oil.
Try to replace these foods:
- Refined Carbs (white rice, flour, white pasta, etc.) These foods specifically increase the production of IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor) which can cause excess sebum production.
- MSG (salt substitute found in take-out foods)
- Red meat (because it causes inflammation, and your body reacts by making
more “protective” oil)
- Unhealthy or trans fats (Good fats like those in avocados, Sacha Inchi, hemp
seeds, coconut, etc. are good. In fact, eat as many of those as you can.)
With healthier foods like:
- Leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables
- Brightly colored fruits like pomegranates and blueberries
- Beans, peas, legumes
- Nuts and seeds
- Sprouted seeds, nuts, or grains
- Complex carbohydrates like sweet potatoes or brown rice
You should also try to lower your stress levels with meditation, yoga, or just a night out with friends because chronic stress causes inflammation, which will increase sebum creation.
Staying active can also reduce excess oil in your skin, even though you get sweaty and dirty. The sweat actually helps out flush out toxins, and the increased blood flow to your skin will help to get rid of infection, as well as bring nutrients to the cells that support the underlying fabric of your skin.
Includes: Moisturizer, 4 In One Camera Ready Makeup, Resurface Gel or Time Freeze Max, Setting Powder. Aside from using my Pore Refiner Kit, here are a few more tips to help with oily skin:
- Avoid oil-based cosmetics on oily skin and use a light moisturizer. (My moisturizer is super light, and absorbs instantly and won’t irritate your pores. It is also fragrance free so there’s no extra stuff in it to make a pore-problem worse.)
- Always clean your face before you go to bed at night, with my 3 in One Fresh Cleanser no matter how tired you are after a long day. The cleanser in my Pore Refiner Kit is specifically designed to gently clean sensitive skin. It takes away excess oil without irritating your skin. This is absolutely critical because over-cleansing can cause your skin to make even more oil!
Moreover, when you leave makeup on your face over-night it is a double no-no because 1) your skin does most of its healing while you sleep, and 2) all the dirt, makeup, and oil that your body has created all day is sinking deeper into your pores, to clog them. The cleaner your skin is, the flatter the skins cells will lay, and also keep your pores smaller, thus contributing to baby-smooth skin.
-Never use setting sprays!!! Set your makeup lightly with this brand new portable skin perfecting powder Totally Baked Perfecting Powder or use your Best Bronzer to set your makeup. For a truly pro makeup artist translucent powder finish, use this cult classic that is touted by top artists around the world as "better than the best" Flawless Photofinish Powder
- Gently exfoliate with our miraculous Resurface Gel your skin twice every week to help with skin cell turnover rate. Your body is replacing all its cells at an astounding rate every day, but you can help get rid of the dead, unhealthy cells faster with a little exfoliation. Don’t use the plastic microbead products because they harm the creatures in the rivers, streams, lakes and oceans where they end up......
- The Resurface Gel which with fruit acid gel containing kojic acid to gently exfoliate your skin but get much faster results. This product is particularly helpful if you have sun damage and fine lines that you want to blast while also refining your pores. Be sure not to over-exfoliate because this can cause more sebum production, acne, and enlarged pores – the very problems you are trying to reverse. If you’re thinking, “But Jennifer, I am scrubbing weekly, and getting microdermabrasion. Why is my skin actually getting worse?”
You need to know that sometimes scrubbing to exfoliate will stimulate your oil glands, and cause more inflammation.
If you are using the Resurface Gel, that is all you need, as it actually IS the exfoliator. There is no need for doing any other scrubs or exfoliation with this.
- Use bentonite clay to suck out impurities. You can also help to cleanse impurities that cause the skin’s pores to dilate or grow larger by simply doing a regular detoxifying mask. If your skin is already sensitive, red, and inflamed or you have acne, it’s a sign that you need to clean it more deeply.
-NEVER USE A PRIMER. Primers will do not nothing but ultimately create larger pores, and an eventual oil spill.
Moisturize properly with a moisturizer that is right for YOUR skin.
If you have normal/oily/acne prone skin, Clearly Younger Skin w Retinol (Goddessy Creme) is just what the Dr. ordered.
If you have rosacea, dryness, sensitive skin, or if you are having irritations/dryness from the Resurface Gel,
Get the Cooling Moisture Serum. It will instantly soothe, calm, and moisturize.
My Skin’s Too Dry
Many people with skin that is excessively dry don’t realize that this lack of moisture may also be causing too-large pores. When your skin is too dry, it causes the skin cells to “puff out” making the pores appear larger. Dry skin can also become cracked and irritated which will make it a prime target for bacteria and skin infections. Sun damage can also not only dry out the skin but cause brown spots, also called melasma. Your pores start to look enlarged AND you’ve got brown spots on your forehead, cheeks, chin, and other spots on your face, and it can start to feel like the whole world is conspiring against your skin.
Don’t worry. You skin just needs hydration. It needs to be cleansed gently, and it needs a little extra love and tenderness.
$138.00 — at Jennifer Bradley Skincare & Cosmetics
My Skin Has Large, Visible Pores that I’d Like to Diminish If you have large pores, acne, dry skin, too-oily skin, or sun-damaged skin, then your pores are just reflecting the state of your skin overall. You need to address the root problem to reduce your pore-size, and help you skin be healthy, wrinkle-free, acne-free, and smooth to the touch.
Diminishing pore size is possible!
Here’s what I recommend:
- Drink more refined water to reduce toxic build up (it is one of your skin’s greatest allies as it makes up 64% of your skin’s hydration)
- Gently cleanse your skin every morning and every night, and periodically mask and exfoliate to get rid of deep impurities
- Eat a healthy diet that is mostly plant based if not entirely plant based which is primarily nuts, seeds, greens, brightly colored fruits, healthy fats, and complex carbs instead of sugar and simple carbs
- Get at least 30 minutes of cardio daily to help increase blood flow and flush toxins at a cellular level
- Reduce stress with yoga, meditation, deep breathing, and gratitude
- And of course, use my Resurface Gel which will give you a micro chemical peel that fade away dark spots, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, smoothen skin and help keep your skin glowing and healthy as you go about improving your diet and lifestyle. I’m rooting for you! We’re all in this together. And together we become healthier, more gorgeous, and more amazing with every breath.
$138.00 — at Jennifer Bradley Skincare Cosmetics
remember to use the coupon code: buynow10plus1
to get $10 off and free 3 in One Fresh Cleanser if you have normal/oily/combination skin
coupon code: buynow10pluscc
To get $10 off and free Coconut Cream Cleanser if you have dry, sensitive skin
If you want a Brush instead of a cleanser make sure to use coupon code "bestmakeupever" to receive a $28 Supreme Kabuki Brush for FREE!
This is a 40% OFF discount
compared to if you bought all the products in my
Pore Refiner Kit separately.
P.S. You know I love to hear your personal stories when you use Jennifer Bradley products. I can totally relate to your pore problems, (kind of a core problem) so share them with me! You can find me on Facebook talking about all things skincare, as well as weekly giveaways, super smart health & beauty talk, and so much more, here. I look forward to seeing you there! I also love when you share your before and after photos with me. Just look at these!